What’s for lunch? How many times have you heard this during quarantine? My kids are constantly asking this question in addition to what’s for dinner. I’m happy to make food for my family as I personally love to cook, however they have to be a part of the process.
This shelter in place order has given us lots of family time together and we are using our time wisely. Learning how to cook is one of the most important skills a person can have. When you cook for yourself you learn to enjoy healthy foods and ultimately you end up saving money. Cooking and finances are two very crucial lessons that everyone should learn.
Back to lunch for this Wednesday April 29, 2020 – it’s a veggie, black bean and avocado taco day. These Vegetarian Tacos are loaded with potatoes, black beans, zucchini, red onion, red bell peppers and avocado. They can easily be made vegan or gluten-free, you can use soft tortillas or fried tortillas, you can load them up with queso, sour cream and lots of salsa. These tacos are yummy and the entire family will be happy.
You’re not limited to the vegetables that we used, these were simply the veggies that we had. You can also use tomatoes, mild green chili, squash, mushrooms, corn, leeks, chayote, cabbage, asparagus, spinach, kale, beets, green bell peppers, mango, sweet potatoes, the possibilities are endless. If you’re not in the mood to watch the stove and to keep tossing the veggies roast them in the oven instead.
Vegetarian Tacos Ingredients
For this vegetarian taco recipe, you will need:
- Red Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Black Beans
- Olive Oil
- Spices -garlic, turmeric, lemon pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper
- Lime Juice
- Tortillas, Soft or Fried
- Taco Toppings – cheese, sour cream, salsa
How to Make Vegetarian Tacos
- Chop the veggies
- Drizzle olive oil into pan
- Place veggies in pan on medium heat
- Sprinkle with spices and toss to combine
- Cook until the potatoes are softened
- Once the vegetables have finished cooking add the black beans, lime juice and cilantro to the pan and stir
- Serve veggie taco filling with warm tortillas and add your favorite toppings
With a Side of ~ Eat Travel Fun